From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] speakers have no sound but headphones have
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:56:12
1 On Thursday 18 October 2007, Chuanwen Wu wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I have a sound problem with my dell1400 laptop: I have no sound from
4 > the speakers in the laptop but I can have sound from headphones after
5 > I insert them.
6 >
7 > When I used $alsamixer -V all, I got these informations:
8 >
9 > Card: HDA Intel
10 > │ Chip: SigmaTel STAC9228
12 > │ Item: Master [dB gain=-33.75, -33.75]
13 > Item: PCM [dB gain=-10.00, -10.00]
14 > Item: Front [dB gain=-45.00, -47.25]
15 > Item: Mic as Output
16 > Item: IEC958
17 > Item: ADCMux
18 > Item: InMux [dB gain=30.00, 30.00]
19 > Item: InVol [dB gain=16.50, 16.50]
20 >
21 > As you can see, Mic and IEC958's values are both 0.
22
23 We probably can't see what you're describing. Can you unmute one at a time or
24 increase their volume to check if someting gives?
25
26 > I always think that headphones are equal with speakers, because them
27 > are both connected to the same thing in physics.
28 > But now, why my headphones are aloud but my speakers are silent.
29 > In Windows xp, both of them work very well. Headphones were after I
30 > insert them and otherwise, the speakers loud .
31
32 I too thought that this is a hardware issue . . .
33 --
34 Regards,
35 Mick