From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where does PID wrap around?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 03:46:41
1 On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 10:20 +0800, Zhang Le wrote:
2 > On 7/27/06, Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au> wrote:
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > I know that PID's wrap around if they get to a sufficiently
6 > large number
7 > - anyone know what that number is?
8 >
9 > 2^16 (65536), or 2^15 (32768)?
10 >
11 > $ cat /proc/sys/kernel/pid_max
14 > Is it fixed for a particular system / kernel / universe? or
15 > even better,
16 > is there a #define I can use from one of the system headers?
17 >
18 > it is defined in kernel/pid.c
19 > int pid_max = PID_MAX_DEFAULT;
20
21 and PID_MAX_DEFAULT, if you want to #include something, ends up in
22 <linux/threads.h>
23
24 thanks!
28 Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes.
29 -- Dr. Warren Jackson, Director, UTCS
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list