From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: 3D printers && Gentoo
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 22:59:26
1 Jean-Christophe Bach <jc.bach <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > Of course, all these software are working without any problem on
4 > Gentoo.
5 > JC
6
7 > [1] http://www.nybi.cc (in Frenchi :\ )
8 > [2] http://www.reprap.org
9 > [3] http://www.thingiverse.com
10 > [4] http://www.thingiverse.com/watsdesign/designs
11 > [5] http://reprap.org/wiki/FoldaRap
12 > [6] http://www.ulule.com/foldarap/ (first batch)
13 > [7] http://goteo.org/project/foldarap-peer-to-peer-edition (2nd batch)
14 > [8] http://www.reprappro.com
15 > [9] http://github.com/kliment/Printrun
16 > [10] http://slic3r.org
20 Hello Jean-Christophe
21
22 Thanks for sharing your experiences. I read overviews of how
23 folks are (3D) printing with metals, but find few details.
24
25 I have some ideas on larger things to build, but in a 50-100
26 components sizes that fit together.
27
28 I what to build a series of modules using a 3D printer that fit together
29 with the lamiated beams to realize the a pickup-camper shell. I found
30 super-strong, light weight composites that can be laminated for
31 the structural beams, in lieu of metal. I'll have to design
32 and model thing, but I have used Autocad and ProE so no worries
33 on using Blender for the modelling....
34
35 So my real need is to find some resources (folks) that know about
36 the myriad of different feedstock material you can use in a 3D printer
37 and the resulting strengths. Platics, Polymers and such are
38 are not my area of expertise, but I do have a petrochemical degree
39 and some chemical process (refinery) experience.
40
41 How do you find out about which 3D printers handle which matierals?
42 Is it difficult to build a modified 3D printer to handle customized
43 feedstock materials?
44
45 James