From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg: Failed to load module: glx fglrx
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 21:01:58
1 Alan McKinnon <alan <at> linuxholdings.co.za> writes:
4 > > But does it detect kernel changes and pop itself into the list when
5 > > one runs some like 'emerge -uDp ' ???
6
7 I've never looked into the ebuilds to see how they manage it, but the
8 on-screen output shows lines saying things like "registering self with
9 module-update" or words to that effect. So I suppose the answer to your
10 question is yes.
11
12 > You can also use "module-rebuild add" to add stuff manually
13 > and "module-rebuild populate" to automatically find relevant modules
14 > the first time
15
16 Hello Alan,
17