From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE5 stuff and media-libs/mlt conflict
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 09:49:43
1 On Tuesday 05 January 2016 22:23:22 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 --->8
3 > This works for me. I don't use the KDE overlay, just what's in the
4 > regular tree. Apps appear and upgrade to KDE5 as the devs migrate them.
5 >
6 > I found that the overlay left me with quite a few apps that don't work
7 > with Qt5 so I'd have to jump through hoops to get the Qt4 version from
8 > the tree to install. With the tree it's a case of what works with KDE5
9 > is installed, everything else remains KDE4
10
11 Maybe I'll have another shot at it without the overlay then. I want to
12 change from nouveau to nVidia anyway, to get cuda for boinc, and doing that
13 on my main system left me with just a black screen.
16 Rgds
17 Peter