From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange delays with Xorg-x11-7.4-r1
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 14:52:18
1 On Thursday 19 November 2009 04:33:14 Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > Extensive Googling found 1 useful hint of where the problem might lie:
6 > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1087580/resource-temporarily-unavaila
7 > ble-in-boost-asio
8 >
9 > "'Resource temporarily unavailable' is normally the text description
10 > for EAGAIN, indicating that the operation should be retried ...
11 > It's generally worth looking at the man page
12 > for the underlying libc function; which is recvfrom in this case"
13 >
14 > Yes, 'man recvfrom' has rather opaque info which mb relevant ... (sigh)
15
16 Relevant, perhaps, but not useful - to me, at least. I'll just have to wait
17 for the next release of X. Thanks anyway.
20 Rgds
21 Peter