From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cellphone VFAT datestamps versus linux datestamps
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 05:35:16
1 On 8/28/18 10:39 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 11:31:33PM -0400, james wrote
3 >
4 >> Exif is the data particulars form man image(photo) file formats
7 >> media-libs/exiftool
8 >> Read and write meta information in image, audio and video files
9 >
10 > This is getting "curiouser and curiouser". I should have done this
11 > sooner. I assumed that the datestamp and EXIF data would be the same.
12 > But checking "properties" with gqview shows the EXIF date data is
13 > correct, with the file datestamp being out to lunch...
14 >
15 > [i660][waltdnes][~/camera/20180824] exiftool -T -CreateDate IMG_0363.jpg
16 > 2018:08:24 14:12:19
17 >
18 > [i660][waltdnes][~/camera/20180824] ll -og IMG_0363.jpg
19 > -rw-r--r-- 1 477731 Jan 26 2013 IMG_0363.jpg
20 >
21 > Given this info, I can cobble together a short script. A "for" loop
22 > cycles through "*.jpg". Read "CreateDate" from the EXIF data, and feed
23 > it into the "touch" command, which would reset the physical file
24 > datestamp.
29 Your other post; verycool old phone; I to have several flip phones
30 an LG still 'on service. JTAG interfaces to the hardware is even cooler.
31 Gotta get a giant magnifier for that sort of access work.
32 <snip>
35 Glad to have helped. If you get into EXIF data.
36 check out "photogammetry" as 2d still photos can be 'stitched' together
37 to create awesome 3D and 3D+motion models. One of the key usages of HPC.
38 If I can only stay healthy.... SfM (structure from motion) is my latest
39 addiction....
40
41 It's just very very cool technology. Some folks are building 3D-motion
42 models of the inside of their lab. Cover the wall with monitors
43 and then animate the objects inside, work remotely (like a VR game) or
44 walk into the home_lab and work as normal. Building your own, is where
45 the fun is. Get a UAV pilot's license and a sub 1K drone and well, just
46 let your imagination go wild!
49 gqview -- nice piece of old software. I'll have to check it out..
50 it's age on sourceforge is a bit to worry about. I'd pack it up and
51 put it in /usr/local/.... or at least into a github/gitlab/gogs or
52 wherever you archive codes. Lots of stuff is disappearing now, related
53 to geo-tagging and image processing. I've pretty much settled on
54 [ https://gogs.io ]
57 Surely there are plugins for palemoon that yield up EXIF data?
58 (btw palemoon-28.0.0 is very stable). Here are some random points of
59 interest,should your 2D images lead to 3D and beyond; here's a good intro::
60
61 https://www.prusaprinters.org/photogrammetry-3d-scanning-just-phone-camera/
64 <lots of codes in portage, hit me up if you are interested in more>
65
66 Here is the latest read on mixed reality::
69 https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2018/06/18/siggraph-2018-the-state-of-photogrammetry-in-real-time-graphics
72 And if intel machines get 'out of control' well, we'll just have to jolt
73 the some electrons with odd_spin::
74
75 https://github.com/ptresearch/IntelTXE-PoC
78 All of this on gentoo? Sure, that's why I'm working on
79 Hybrid-heterogeneous HPC gentoo clusters. But I'm AMD_Radeon_arm64 open
80 source centric with my work. I'd be most appreciated if anyone can add more
81 detail, list of FOSS codes, or other related packages and details.
84 hth,
85 James