From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:57:23
1 On Wednesday 22 June 2011 10:40:40 Dale did opine thusly:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 > > On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:27:11 -0500, Dale wrote:
4 > >>> That's because those are global flags. If you set
5 > >>> package-specific flags in /etc/portage/package.use,
6 > >>> eix-test-obsolete will tell you when entries can be
7 > >>> removed.
8 > >>
9 > >> But when something new comes out, I usually want to add it for
10 > >> all the packages. I have a few things listed in package.use
11 > >> but I don't want to clutter the crap out of it and then have
12 > >> two files that needs cleaning.
13 > >
14 > > Use a directory for package.use, it makes it far easier to
15 > > manage. All of /etc/portage/package.* are directories here.
16 >
17 > I have done that for package.keywords and unmask. In ways it is
18 > easier but in ways, it is a nightmare. If something is unmasked, I
19 > have to go find the file that unmasked it. I have several since I
20 > use autounmask for most of it. Then add in that the new autounmask
21 > part of emerge seems to pick a random file to add too. At that
22 > point, not much makes sense anymore.
25 grep is your very very good friend
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com