From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] insert barcode into image
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:11:14
1 On Mon, 2006-03-27 at 23:27 +0000, b.n. wrote:
2 > Joseph wrote:
3 > > Does anybody has any experience with inserting a barcodes into images or
4 > > combining it.
5 > >
6 > > In this particular application, I would like to take a live image (from
7 > > application such a kino etc), add barcode to it and save it to database
8 > > (most likely mysql).
9 > > saving image to mysql database should be easy, the tricky parts would be
10 > > to add barcode to image.
11 > > There is a nice application in portage: barcode but it only prints to
12 > > "ps" file.
13 >
14 > Have you looked in the ImageMagick toolkit?
15 > It should have command-line utilities able to superimpose/stitch
16 > together images: you could export the barcode with "barcode" to a
17 > temporary ps file and then superimpose it or what with imagemagick.
18 >
19 > m.
20
21 Yes, it looks like a good start. It can even superimpose "ps" and "jpg"
22 files together; I just need to learn how to make a nice interface so it
23 can be done with one or two click of a mouse.
26 #Joseph
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list