From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Another X11 problem
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 13:51:00
1 On 2016-08-20 10:58 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > > Once or twice per week, when I start X11 (via the startx program),
4 > > my display goes all black. When it happens there is no way back to
5 > > a working state: I can see that Xorg is running, I can exit it by
6 > > hitting Ctl-Alt-Backspace, but even then display does not recover.
7 > > The only thing I can do is hit Ctl-Alt-Del blindly and reboot, and
8 > > next time it usually works.
9 >
10 > Can you get back to a VC with Ctrl-Alt-F1/2?
11
12 Good question, I am sure I tried that, but I _think_ it didn't work.
13 (The only way to _know_ would be to hit Ctl-Alt-Del next and see if it
14 reboots, and I'll make sure I try doing just that next time it happens.)
15 I do know that nothing appears on the screen even if the switch succeeds.
18 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
19 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?