From: Nagatoro <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Hardwarespec
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:07:07
1 Nicolas MASSÉ wrote:
2 > On Friday 19 May 2006 12:59, Nagatoro wrote:
3 >> Case: Antec Sonata II 450W
4 >
5 > I have this case and it is a really good product !
6
7 Quiet one?
8
9 >> Board: Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
10 >> CPU: AMD S939 4200+ Dual Core
11 >> Memory: 2GB DDR400
12 >
13 > Simple question: did you check the compatibility of the memory with the
14 > motherboard ? For example, with my Asus A8N-E, I can't use any memory : the
15 > compatibility table is on the manual of the mother board.
16
17 Not really, this is what my local dealer suggested, and the specs from
18 the respective webpages seem to fit.
21 > Another question: two sticks or just one ?
22 >
23 >> HD: 200GB SATA-II (Maxtor Plus10)
24
25 One, atleast for now (the old one got another 200GB drive that will be
26 added)
27
28 > Have this one, too. Don't forget to install "smartd" and "hddtemp" because the
29 > maxtor drives seem to be hot (40°C while idle).
30
31 Think I'll run it with all monitoring on for awhile when I get it, to
32 see if anything needs to be changed.
33
34 Thanks!
37 Naga