From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "lvm failed to start"
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 17:08:24
On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 17:28:39 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> > That bug report also showed the correct solution. There's no need to > > downgrade, just change the locking_dir location from /var/lock > > to /run/lock. Not only is this simpler and faster, it means another > > update can't cause the same problem.
> So this makes the how many'eth time you've posted this exact same > information to the list this week?
About the third, hopefully it won't be needed again :) After a post that quoted the correct bug report but then the wrong "solution" I couldn't help myself. Ironically, I rebooted a headless server yesterday, one on which I'd updated LVM about a week ago and not changed the config. The box has a separate /usr on LVM and no initramfs (still on old udev) so nothing worked after a reboot, especially SSH :( -- Neil Bothwick How do you know when it's time to tune your bagpipes?