From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: USB stick recognition problem
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 22:39:26
1 On Wednesday 02 February 2011 21:29:22 walt wrote:
2 > On 02/02/2011 07:48 AM, Paul Hartman wrote:
3 > > I have a USB SD-card reader which cannot read the partition table when
4 > > first inserted into the PC. But, if I issue "hdparm -z /dev/sdg" then
5 > > the kernel re-reads the partition table and everything works fine
6 > > after that.
7 >
8 > That sounds to me like a bug :) Is it 100% reproducible, and do you see
9 > the same on other computers?
10 >
11 > And, let us not forget the Ultimate Gold Standard: does it work on Windows?
12
13 Ha! I usually invert this test when people tell me their MSWindows machine is
14 playing up (again ...)
15 --
16 Regards,
17 Mick