From: Daniel Quinn <gentoo@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge is confusing me
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 22:21:19
1 On 03/10/16 21:39, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > You haven't told us the command that produced this output. Is this a
3 > world update or and you trying to update Bash separately?
4
5 Sorry, it was part of a world update:
6
7 emerge --ask --update --deep --changed-use --keep-going
8 --quiet-build --with-bdeps=y --verbose @world
9
10 > You could also use the --tree option. Are you using arch or ~arch, or a
11 > mixture of the two?
12
13 I'm using full ~arch with the exception of chromium and libreoffice (to
14 keep the updates to a minimum).
15
16 From the gist of the responses though, it sounds like I should just add
17 bash to that list, so that's what I've done and the problem has gone
18 away :-) I hope the other packages catch up in time for when Bash
19 stabilises.