From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openrc->systemd command comparison
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 07:55:19
1 Am Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:05:50 -0600
2 schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com>:
3
4 [...]
5 > With systemd you don't need this, since it can track the real state of its
6 > services thanks to cgroups. And kill *really* kills all the processes
7 > associated to a service, something that OpenRC, by design, cannot do.
8 [...]
9
10 I wonder if that's accurate. I know that OpenRC also uses cgroups for grouping
11 services, but how much does it actually exploit them?
14 Marc Joliet
15 --
16 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
17 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup