From: Elmar Hinz <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Still Struggling With Wireless
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:19:18
1 > When I got this to work, I thought I was home free despite the "kludgy"
2 > way of getting wireless working.  However, I rebooted and now, when I
3 > type iwlist wlan0 scan I get told that scanning is not supported.  Yes,
4 > I have iwl3945-ucode installed and yes, it was recompiled after the
5 > kernel was rebuilt.
8 Another hint:
9
10 emerge rfkill
11
12 rfkill list
13
14 It will show you some state of the module, if the module is "hard blocked".
15 That can be a reason for scanning not supported, a hint, that the card is
16 not turned on at all.