From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean and python needed by scribus.
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 15:35:39
1 On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 5:45 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Mark Knecht wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>>>
8 >>>> Possibly scribus isn't compatible with python-2.6? The few times I've
9 >>>> run into this with depclean I've removed the app (scribus in this
10 >>>> case) cleaned up the machine with depclean and revdep-rebuild, and
11 >>>> then reinstalled the app from scratch. If it tries to pull in
12 >>>> phython-2.5 then you just have to make a choice whether you want it or
13 >>>> not. (Or look for a mased ebuild, etc.
14 >>>>
15 >>>> - Mark
16 >>>>
17 >>>>
18 >>>>
19 >>>>
20 >>> LOL  Since I would rather try to remove Scribus than python, I'll remove
21 >>> Scribus, do some cleaning, then reinstall and see what happens.  We all
22 >>> know what could happen if I remove python that portage is using.  o_O
23 >>>
24 >>> I'll report back if it continues after all this.  Thanks to both Alan
25 >>> and Mark on this one.  I was getting drunk going around in circles with
26 >>> this.
27 >>>
28 >>> Dale
29 >>>
30 >>> :-)  :-)
31 >>>
32 >>>
33 >>>
34 >>
35 >> I assume you've installed python-2.6 as part of emerge @system or
36 >> @world and then run python-updater? That process has worked on my
37 >> machines but I don't use too many office apps.
38 >>
39 >> Good luck!
40 >>
41 >> Cheers,
42 >> Mark
47 > Yes, I ran python-updater after the last python upgrade which was a week
48 > or so ago.  I just hadn't ran --depclean yet.  Needless to say, OOo just
49 > had to be recompiled too.  It always does.  Usually, about a week later,
50 > they have a upgrade for OOo which means I get to warm up my CPU again.
51 > Never fails.  :/
52 >
53 > So far, I have unmerged scribus, ran revdep-rebuild which didn't
54 > complain about anything this time and I am currently reinstalling
55 > scribus.  No errors so far.
56 >
57 > I didn't get to test the python USE flag tho.  According to emerge -pv
58 > scribus, it doesn't have that flag.
59 >
60 > Dale
61 >
63
64 You actually compile OO? Wow! OO-bin for me. Couple of minutes and
65 it's installed.
66
67 Glad you got the problem fixed.
68