From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Massive kmail breakage with mariadb-10.4.6
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 09:06:12
1 On Wednesday, 10 July 2019 00:06:43 BST Adam Carter wrote:
2 > > I've just tried upgrading mariadb again while watching it, and got similar
3 > > results. I did notice that an error notice came up about being unable to
4 > > store
5 > > a message received via POP3, which is my main incoming source. I can't
6 > > quote
7 > > exactly because the notice disappeared too soon.
8 > >
9 > > Back to 10.3.16 for now.
10 >
11 > Just to confirm, when you say upgrade you mean something like;
12 > emerge -u mariadb
13 > systemctl restart mariadb
14 > mysql_upgrade -u root -p
15
16 Akonadi runs an instance of mariadb for its own use, without reference to what
17 else might be running on the machine.
18
19 I've never had to run mysql_upgrade before, and I can't find a way to do it
20 manually because of this in .local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf:
21
22 # Do not listen for TCP/IP connections at all
23 skip_networking
24
25 Maybe I could comment that out temporarily, but I don't know what else might
26 be affected. Otherwise it looks like creating a new user for myself and
27 importing the message archive.
28
29 Another strange thing is that I sent the root message of this thread to the
30 kdepim-users list as well, and referred to it later, but there's been not a
31 squeak from anyone there.
34 Regards,
35 Peter.