From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: eliminating packages/ebuilds from the portage tree
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 05:49:03
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > On Donnerstag 09 April 2009, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> There are a couple of packages (ebuilds) in the portage tree that I
6 >> would like to eliminate completely from my system and not get them back
7 >> after an emerge --sync. Is this possible?
8 >>
9 >> Thanks,
10 >>
11 >> --
12 >> Valmor
13 >
14 > is there a good reason to remove them, instead of masking?
15
16 If you like spending half a day masking hundreds and hundreds of
17 packages using an inflated package.mask, then no, there's no good reason :)