From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pair Programming & Non-Routable IP Address
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:44:05
1 Hilco Wijbenga writes:
2
3 > On 22 July 2010 16:08, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> wrote:
4
5 > > I prefer NX over VNC because of its efficiency, and because it is
6 > > more intelligent, but I think it has no mode to let two people
7 > > access the same session at once. So I (being remote) tried starting
8 > > a session with NX, running KDE, which has a VNC feature, so the
9 > > other person (with the session runnin in his fast LAN) could attach
10 > > via VNC. But tit did not work well due some color bug.
11 >
12 > Mmmh, that's disappointing. Would you mind having a look at
13 > http://www.nomachine.com/products.php "NX Free Edition"? That gave me
14 > the impression it was exactly what I was looking for.
15
16 Forget what I said. It does indees seem to be possible, now that I google
17 for it. It's called shadowing, I have to try this out. So I'd say, use NX,
18 or one of the varieties. I'd choose net-misc/nxserver-freeedition, it's
19 free for up to two people, and said to be most reliable. Although I
20 sometimes have different problems.
21 There's also FreeNX which I used most often, but it is no longer under
22 development. x2go is the replacement, but does not yet have all the
23 features. And neatx is the google variant, did not try this out much yet.
24
25 Wonko