From: YoYo Siska <yoyo@××××××.sk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Completely lost regarding wifi
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:06:27
1 Henk Boom wrote:
2 > On 06/02/07, Henk Boom <lunarc.lists@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I'm much closer than I have been before. Following the LEAP example, I
4 >> seem to manage to connect. iwconfig tells me I have an encryption key.
5 >> The only issue now seems to be that I can't get dhcp working. Nothing
6 >> relevant runs automatically, and when I run dhcpcd manually it times
7 >> out. Then, after I have run dhcpcd, or if I just wait a while, when I
8 >> do iwconfig it tells me that I an unassociated. . .
9 >>
10 >> I feel close, but I'm not quite there yet >.<.
13 > Wow, I hibernated the laptop (after iwconfig told me I was
14 > unnasosiated), carried it out of the computer lab and onto another
15 > floor, then woke it up. I ran /etc/init.d/net.eth1 one more time for
16 > good measure (it complained that it had already been started). Then I
17 > tried to ping google, and it worked!
18 >
19 > The only explanation I can think of for this is that the computer labs
20 > where I made my last post had bad reception.
21 >
22 > Now I'm curious though, do I need to explicitly run a dhcp client, or
23 > does wpa_supplicant handle all that for me?
24
25 if you run wpa_supplicant _through_ gentoo initscripts, they should run
26 dhcp when wpa_supplicant associates with the AP
27 (unless you define something else in config_XXXX=(...) )
28
29 yoyo
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list