From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage problem
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 21:31:53
1 On Friday 14 March 2008, Chuck Robey wrote:
2 > Vladimir Rusinov wrote:
3
4 > > Just add opengl to your use flags and `emerge -v1 =x11-libs/qt-3*`
5 > > Then, you'll probably need `emerge --update --deep --newuse
6 > > kde-meta` (or emerge -uDN kde-meta)
7 >
8 > You aren't understanding me. I am fully aware of qt versions 3 and
9 > 4, and if I was gbuilding them on my own, this wouldn't be a problem,
10 > but I am trying to use the portage system, and there isnt'any such
11 > emerge package named like this, at least, none I can find, none
12 > 'emerge -s qt-3*' could find either. If you could identify for me
13 > what the heck the real package name is, I would gladly rebuild it.
14 > I'm not having trouble with the command line, I'm having trouble
15 > finding the cirrect thing to rebuild.
16
17 qt is SLOTted, I think you are simply using the wrong syntax. Using my
18 machine as an example (you should also emerge eix, it's so much easier
19 and quicker than emerge -s):
22 alan@nazgul ~/bin $ eix -e qt
23 [I] x11-libs/qt
24 Available versions:
25 (3) 3.3.4-r8 3.3.8-r4
26 (4) 4.3.2-r1 (~)4.3.3 (~)4.3.4 [M](~)4.4.0_beta1
27
28 The SLOTs are "3" and "4"
29
30 If I try to update qt, portage will update qt4 as it's the latest
31 version. I would have to do something like
32
33 emerge =qt-3.3.8-r4
34 or the newish syntax incorporating SLOTs
35 emerge qt:3
36
37 You were essentially trying to tell portage to update a package
38 called "qt-3", there is no such package. And getting to grips with
39 emerge's version number syntax can be a bitch
40
41 Does this answer your query?
44 Alan McKinnon
45 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com