From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UDP traffic?
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 21:11:12
1 On 8/14/06, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I was setting up a game for my son using Cedega. The game
4 > installed, and successfully went to the net to download and install
5 > the updates. However, when we tried to get the Linux game to join a
6 > LAN session with the same game running on some Windows machines I got
7 > a message about not having a network provider. Since it can get to the
8 > Internet to download the updates I know it's not a hard networking
9 > failure. What is it?
10
11 What is the game? I think that's the most important information you could give.
14 > In the past I've heard that some of these games use UDP instead of
15 > TCP. I was wondering where I configure a Gentoo machine to allow UDP
16 > traffic, preferably only on my local network if possible so that I
17 > could just see if this was the problem.
18
19 I don't think Gentoo default network config block anything. Its more
20 likely to be blocked at a router or windows firewall (at your server
21 machine).
24 Daniel da Veiga
25 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
31 --