From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] vlc oddities
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 10:08:29
1 Hi,
2
3 I am using vlc (beside other things) to watch dvb-t using
4 this hardware (according lspci)
5 01:06.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
6 01:06.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)
7
8 . I call vlc like
9 vlc channels.conf
12 When changing channels with "n" and "p" there are positions in the
13 range of channels, where vlc gets stuck. Example
16 Start Key results in
17 with chn. channel no.:
18 1 n 2 (video ok,vlc running ok)
19 2 n 3 (video ok,vlc running ok)
20 3 n 3 (image freezes,vlc stucks)
21 n 5 (video ok,vlc running ok)
22 5 p 4 (video ok,vlc running ok)
23 4 n 5 (video ok,vlc running ok)
24 5 n 6 (video ok,vlc running ok)
25 6 n (image freezes,vlc stucks)
26 n (image freezes,vlc stucks)
27 8 p 7 (video ok,vlc running ok)
28 7 p 6 (video ok,vlc running ok)
29 ...
32 I didnt find any logical link between the channel number, the
33 corresponding entry in channels.conf and whether the channel is
34 directly selectable while stepping with n or only selectable
35 via "np" forward-backward stepping.
36
37 With vlc-1.0.0 I didnt have this problems, after that all
38 versions of vlc shows this unwanted behaviour.
39 Unfortunately vlc-1.0.0 didn't compile anymore beside other
40 reasons to not to install it.
41
42 Does anyone else have this experienced and - may be - knows
43 a solution ?
44
45 Have a nice weekend!
46 Best regards,