From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installing an old glibc to run a proprietary commercial tool (would that even help?)
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:37:21
1 On Freitag 30 Oktober 2009, Duncan Smith wrote:
2 > Thank you both for your quick response.
3 >
4 > I'll probably end up taking the virtual machine approach. I may also
5 > try some sort of chroot solution... I'll see how much of a hassle
6 > vmware is.
7
8 chroot can work nicely, but you have to create a gentoo with a very old glibc.
9 The problems might not be worth it.
10
11 Virtualbox on the other hand is pretty much hassle free in my experience.
12 Can't talk about vmware - haven't used that in years ;)