From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Python version 2.5
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:07:27
1 On 2007-02-26, Leandro Melo de Sales <leandroal@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I need to install python version 2.5, which in portage it is in hard
4 > testing masked. If I install it anyway, is this mean problem to my
5 > gentoo installation?
6
7 IIRC, Python is slotted, so you can have multiple versions
8 installed simultaneously. However, I'm not sure how you confirm
9 that without actually emerging 2.5.
10
11 If it is slotted, you can emerge 2.5 without removing 2.4, and
12 2.4 can still be the "selected" python (what's used by default
13 by all of the Python apps installed on your system).
14
15 If you want to test/develop an app using Python 2.5, you'd have
16 to explicitly call out the python 2.5 interpreter when running
17 the program.
20 Grant Edwards grante Yow! They
21 at collapsed... like nuns
22 visi.com in the street... they had