From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anything better than procmail?
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 20:04:14
1 Hi David,
2
3 Your setup looks fairly similar to my own, but I am intrigued by the
4 differences.
7 On 12 Jun 2010, at 12:35, David W Noon wrote:
8 > ... Dovecot, but quickly replaced by dbmail.
9
10 Can I ask you why?
11
12 I have found the author of Dovecot to be wonderfully responsive,
13 pushing out a fix for a deal-breaker issue for my site within hours of
14 me reporting it.
15
16 > This allows you to use a sieve script, instead of procmail "recipes".
17
18 Can I ask you what the advantage of this is, please?
19
20 Looking at the example at <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sieve_(mail_filtering_language)
21 >, the language looks basically very similar to maildrop, and it
22 seems to do pretty much the same thing.
23
24 The reject syntax seems nice and clear, but if the MX server (for your
25 email's domain name) has already accepted the message then it's not
26 really much good rejecting it. In fact, doing so is surely frowned
27 upon, isn't it?
28
29 > Moreover, each user maintains his/her own sieve script.
30
31 As certainly would be the case with maildrop, and surely too with
32 procmail?
33
34 Stroller.