From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kwrite and CPU usage and locking up when scrolling
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:02:01
1 Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, I like nano better but not if I can use something GUI. ;-)
4 > That option is not exactly what I am hoping to use.
5 >
6 > I don't understand portage and ebuilds well enough to do that. How
7 > about this. Is there a way to just tell emerge to emerge each
8 > separate package and get rid of kde-meta? I don't know, equery list
9 > kde then poke them in one by one. Would that let it leave kate and
10 > kdelibs where it is without masking all of kde?
11 >
12 > Thanks for the reply though. At least I can open the file and read it
13 > and it is not just me having this problem.
14 >
15 > Dale
16 >
17 > :-) :-) :-) :-)
18 >
19 > --
20 > www.myspace.com/dalek1967
23 OK. I upgraded again and this time I was trying a few other files.
24 Here is the thing that is so odd, it will open any other large file and
25 work fine but it will mess up on emerge.log. My messages file is larger
26 than my emerge.log file but it even opens fine. I would assume it is
27 not the size of the file that is causing the problem.
28
29 Why is it that it will work on everything else I have tried but not my
30 emerge.log file??
31
32 Just curious.
33