From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge sync
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:31:58
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: news [mailto:news@×××××××××.org] On Behalf Of Peter
3 > Sent: 06 January 2006 10:40
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerge sync
8 > On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:35:03 +0100, ddup1 wrote:
9 >
10 > > hi
11 > >
12 > > why emerge sync is sometime very long, at the step update
13 > portage cache,
14 > > sometime it takes 1mn and sometime lot longer ?
15 >
16 > Portage problem. Will be better next release I hear. Search
17 > the forums and
18 > search the newsgroup for portage, metadata, cache for more info. Most
19 > often, hangs at 50-51% while redoing KDE. Defrag or moving
20 > /usr/portage to
21 > its own partition has been known to help. Read some of the posts.
22
23 My experience has been that defraging /usr/portage brought enormous
24 speed up, but just once or twice. Soon after the darn thing slowed down
25 again. Looking forward to the next portage version. :-)
26 --
27 Regards,
28 Mick
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list