From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: Denoising software ?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 18:57:12
1 On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > does anyone knows of good audio denoising software for Linux
5 > (OpenSource)?
6 >
7 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
8
9 I'm not an audio professional with experience with different tools, so
10 I couldn't tell you if it's necessarily "good", but Audacity has a
11 noise filter. Select a range in your sample that consists of nothing
12 *but* noise, and tell it to collect a noise profile. Then select your
13 entire sample, and then have it apply the profile to remove that
14 noise.
15
16 Obviously, the poorer your S/N ratio is to begin with, the worse your
17 results will be.
20 :wq