From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Listing partition labels
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 04:31:50
1 On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au> wrote:
2 > Greetings all,
3 >        I'm probably in the situation where I can't see the wood for the
4 > trees so a bit of help would be appreciated. I've decided to go the LABEL
5 > route in fstab and have set the labels on my partitions a few days ago. I
6 > now want to update fstab but can't remember the names. I can't find a
7 > command that will list the partitions and the names I've given them. I'm
8 > sure fdisk does not list them when I do just "fdisk" at the command prompt,
9 > but then again as I said above, I think I'm in the wood/forest mode at the
10 > moment. Any idea on the command?
11 >
12 >        Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
13 >                Andrew
14
15 If they are EXT filesystems then try e2label.
16
17 HTH,
18 Mark