From: Mick <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Permissions on mounted Windows partition
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 01:25:42
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > I think someone's asked this before here, but I don't remember the
4 > answer; How do I make it where regular users can read, execute, and
5 > possibly write files on my mounted Windows XP partition? The only thing
6 > I use Windows for anymore is playing DirectX games, and I'm emerging
7 > wine now. I noticed that my personal account gets "Permission denied"
8 > when trying to ls /mnt/windows and I don't want to have to use the root
9 > account unnecessarily...
10
11 Yep, I asked this a couple of days ago, but the title could be misleading:
12
13 http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/150416
14
15 The trick is to allow others to access and read the partition in your fstab.
16 Setting uid=222 allows the partition to be mounted with r-x rights for all
17 concerned.
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick