From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why does high-res video drop frames at 60% CPU?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 20:29:37
1 >>>> Does mplayer from multimedia overlay include mplayer-mt and ffmpeg-mt
2 >>>> patches, or just ffmpeg-mt?
3 >>>
4 >>> "mplayer-mt" is mplayer with ffmpeg-mt.
5 >>
6 >> Sorry for my misunderstanding.  I'd like to follow the latest mplayer
7 >> with ffmpeg-mt support.
8 >
9 > There is no latest "mplayer with ffmpeg-mt" support.  There is mplayer,
10 > ffmpeg and ffmpeg-mt.  To get what most people refer to as "mplayer-mt", you
11 > have to replace the bundled ffmeg that is included in mplayer with
12 > ffmpeg-mt.
15 >> Is there a way to either do that
16 >> specifically, or to follow the latest mplayer version in the
17 >> multimedia overlay?  The situation is a little tricky since there is a
18 >> version in portage that is newer than the newest version in the
19 >> multimedia overlay.
20 >
21 > That's because the developer who updates the multimedia overlay didn't yet
22 > put the ebuild there.  The latest version I released (which is based on the
23 > latest available ffmpeg-mt sources) is "1.0_rc4_p20100626":
24 >
25 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-789673.html
26
27 Got it, thanks. Hopefully that shows up in the multimedia overlay
28 soon. It's interesting that the mplayer-uau ebuild includes a threads
29 USE flag in addition to the ffmpeg-mt one.
30
31 - Grant