From: Markos Chandras <markos.chandras@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tools currently available for update of etc files after updates
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 09:09:22
1 On Saturday 15 November 2008 11:04:23 Justin wrote:
2 > Dale schrieb:
3 > > Harry Putnam wrote:
4 > >> I remember discussion of one or more fairly new tools designed to ease
5 > >> the update of etc files following updates.
6 > >>
7 > >> Can anyone say what tools are currently available.
8 > >
9 > > dispatch-conf works. May want to try them all and pick the one you
10 > > like. I like etc-update as far as the update process. I like this one
11 > > because it keeps backups of the old config files.
12 > >
13 > > It's like the cereal aisle, your choice.
14 > >
15 > > Dale
16 > >
18 >
19 > A cool thing with dispatch-conf:
20 >
21 > emerge colordiff and change in /etc/dispatch-conf.conf the diff="diff
22 > ..." to diff="colordiff...". You also can change the mergening command
23 > to anything you like more e.g. gui merging tools
24 Thanks for that tip :). Really cool.
25 --
26 Markos Chandras