From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] /var/db gone: possible opportunity to switch profile
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 19:43:20
1 Hi All,
2
3 I have managed to delete /var/db. I know this was a very stupid thing to be
4 done, but now it is done and /var/db is gone for good.
5
6 Well, that is a good opportunity to have everything built again, time to try
7 new CFLAGS, and so on.
8
9 But there is a circular dependency that I do not know how to get rid of:
10 "glibc" and "gcc" depend on each other. They are both here, but portage does
11 not know that.
12
13 How am I supposed to go on?
14
15 By the way, I have a Pentium Core 2 Quad and I am using a "x86" profile. How
16 would I switch to a "amd64" ? As far as I know, my processor is capable of
17 this.
18
19 Thanks
20 Francisco
21 "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
22 and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one
23 idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." -
24 George Bernard Shaw