From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gtk+ dependency problem
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:40:03
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
5 > I'm just installing some X applications on an headless machine
6 > and I'd like to have only the xlib client libs, no server stuff.
7 >
8 > The problem is: the non-deterministic dependencies to the X libs
9 > get resolved badly - it always wants to install the Xserver.
10
11 Lack of determinism has nothing to do with it, gtk+ hard-depends on an X
12 server to build. I think this is fixed in 2.10, but the ebuild does not
13 reflect it -- it still inherits the virtualx eclass.
14
15 Just set USE="minimal -xorg -kdrive -dmx" for xorg-server and you'll be
16 doing the best you can.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Donnie