From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] smartd and ssmtp not sending emails again.
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 09:20:37
1 Dale wrote:
2 > I went through this before and I haven't changed anything so not sure
3 > why it isn't working now. I decided to test smartd to make sure that it
4 > would send me a email if a drive developed a problem. I added -M test
5 > to the line, restarted smartd and got nothing. I mean nothing but
6 > crickets. Going to post relevant info that I know of. Here we go:
7
8 (snip)
9
10 > When I check my email, I do get the test message. It seems to me that
11 > ssmtp is working but that smartd either isn't working or it is not
12 > getting to ssmtp somehow.
13 >
14 > Anyone see a reason this shouldn't be working? I'd really like a heads
15 > up if a drive is having "issues".
18 Any hints from the syslog? Here -M test seems to work fine.
19
20 raffaele