From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Skipping static libraries
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:10:40
1 On Saturday 15 March 2008, Chris Brennan wrote:
2
3 > | Hmmm. There are many thousand ebuilds in the tree. Many more in 3rd
4 > | party overlays. Your idea fixes 1 problem in 1 ebuild.
5 >
6 > Just for the sake of amusment and to give a sense of perspective. By
7 > my count (ls -lshaR /usr/portage | grep ebuild | wc -l) I get 24,708
8 > ebuilds (and that's from a sync at 0000-5)
9
10 Cool. Since some packages have multiple ebuilds, to get an approximate
11 number of unique packages in portage, I did something like this
12
13 $ find /usr/portage | grep 'metadata\.xml' | wc -l
14 12618
15
16 Still an excellent number...and this is only for the official tree!
17 --
18 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list