From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: AW: [gentoo-user] 300GB HD
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:30:51
1 > I am using two Maxtor DiamondMax10 250GB HDs in my fileserver. I am
2 > planning
3 > on giving them away though, because they are way too loud! In my desktop
4 > computer I have two Samsung discs. One doesn't even hear them, compared to
5 > the Maxtors!
6 > Also I have good experience with WesternDigital discs. They are not really
7 > silent too, but I am currently using a WD for like forever without any
8 > problems!
11 I have some DiamondMax 9 running (2x gamingstation, 1x workstation an 2x
12 fileserver) for years now. I newer used a DiamondMax10, but the 9´ers are
13 very reliable and silent. I have a Samsung drive in the fileserver, too,
14 and the Maxtors aren´t much louder. Perhaps the DiamondMax 10 changed
15 that, i can not tell.
16
17 WesternDigital disks tend to be silent in the beginning and get very loud
18 in the end in my machines.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list