From: laurent <laurent@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cleaning disfiles
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:00:27
1 Dale a écrit :
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Tuesday 24 March 2009 23:37:50 laurent wrote:
7 >>> Hi,
8 >>>
9 >>> I need to clean disfiles or move it to /home/var/ftp/disfiles.
10 >>>
11 >>> For first is there a tool to emerge that will manage the distfiles.
12 >>>
13 >>>
14 >> eclean - part of app-portage/gentoolkit
18 >>> If not I was thinking copy to my home folder and symlink
19 >>> /var/ftp/distfiles to it.
20 >>>
21 >>> Is the second safe with just a symlink or should I change a PATH somewhere?
22 >>>
23 >>>
24 >> Change DISTDIR in /etc/make.conf to point to the new location
25 >>
26 >> But this is not a good idea, as distfiles will be owned by root or portage and
27 >> it's in your home directory owned by you.
28 >>
29 >> Rather leave distfiles where it is, and create a symlink in ~ that points to
30 >> distfiles. I can't imagine how your scheme would benefit you in any way.
34 >>> I should do both solution.
35 >>>
36 >>> thank you
37 >>> Laurent
38 >>>
39 >>>
43 > I think he is running our of disk space and trying to move it to a
44 > partition that has more space. He didn't say that but I think that is
45 > the issue at hand.
46 >
47 > I do suspect that this could cause . . . . issues in the long run.
48 > Permissions is a good one to mention.
49 >
50 > Dale
51 >
52 > :-) :-)
57 yes it's exactly that, I did not choose the install partitionning. So I
58 moved portage, www and now disfiles from /var to /home/var.
59 For the other ones I did add a symlink also. Should I do that for
60 disfiles? What do you mean by permissions issues ??
61
62 Another question about emerge -v world, I go a empty manifest on layman.
63 What should I do to fix that ?
64
65 Thanks!
66 Laurent