From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: pager independant of window manager
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 10:46:16
1 Rodrigo Lazo <rlazo.paz@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 > http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/fbpager/
6
7 Yeah, I knew about that one and have tried it but its no more aware
8 than bbpager (blackbox).
9
10 By that I mean, clicking inside the pager does not transport you to
11 that desktop. At least I did not see that happen here.
12
13 However I've since found that in blackbox one can use the mouse scroll
14 wheel to quickly navigate to any desktop and bbpager supplies the
15 quick visual reference. So I think with a little usage, clicking in
16 the pager will not be my first thought when needing to change
17 desktops.
18
19 One other missing ingredient though is that you cannot tell what the
20 windows displayed inside the pager are. I'm used to seeing what they
21 are ala kde.
22
23 But again the mouse scroll is so quick, that may not matter much
24 either. So far I can never remember which way to scroll. but with
25 only 4 desktops I actually ever use... it still is very quick to mouse
26 scroll until you find the right one.