From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Projector on my laptop
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:14:29
1 On 11 December 2006 06:05, Felipe Ribeiro wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have an Acer Aspire 5002 WLMI laptop running gentoo.
5 >
6 > I use my display on 1280x800 and i want to use a projector to give a
7 > speech and show slides and live coding. What do i have to configure?
8 > My xorg.conf? what do I have to change?
9
10 Your resolution. Few projectors go beyond 1024x768. Some (older) ones won't go
11 higher than 800x600.
12
13 You might need to change a BIOS setting. Some laptops put out both video
14 signals simultaneously (built-in screen and external VGA). With some of them,
15 you have to tell your BIOS which one to use.
16
17 Uwe
20 Mark Twain: I rather decline two drinks than a German adjective.
21 http://www.SysEx.com.na
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list