From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is anyone here using RTL8192CU wifi device in Gentoo?
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 22:20:09
1 On Wednesday 26 January 2011 16:22:03 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I recently bought a USB wifi adapter with RTL8192CU chipset. Drivers
5 > are available from Realtek's website, and are updated regularly (last
6 > month), but are not in the mainline Linux kernel or in the portage
7 > tree.
8 >
9 > Compiling and installing the drivers is not a problem, but every time
10 > I insert the USB adapter my computer freezes and no amount of
11 > magic-SysRq can get me out of it. I tried on 2 different Gentoo
12 > machines with the same result.
13 >
14 > The adapter works (poorly...) on a Windows XP machine, so I know the
15 > hardware is functional.
16 >
17 > Does anyone else here use these drivers?
18
19 I'm not using this hardware, but have you seen this?
20
21 http://amailbox.net/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2010/12/13/4658671
22 --
23 Regards,