From: Geralt <usr.gentoo@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to tie module name to Kernel CONFIG
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:13:06
1 Hi,
2
3 a generic way is:
4 1) Go to /usr/src/linux
5 2) grep tg3 $(find -name Makefile)
6
7 of course you can replace tg3 with every other module name (but don't
8 add the .ko extension!)
12 Geralt.
13
14 On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> wrote:
15 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
16 >
17 >> But help is at hand!
18 >> The .config option you are looking for is CONFIG_TIGON3 My last
19 >> notebook had one of those and I searched for ages before spotting
20 >> one day that "t", "g" and "3" all appeared in "TIGON3".
21 >>
22 >> Sorry that I couldn't help with the more general question, at least
23 >> you got an answer for the more specific case.
24 >
25 > Ahh haa, very good... thanks.
26 >
27 > As much mess as I've put myself thru on this kernel business having
28 > that answered is almost exciting.... Aha Aha ... a new avenue to
29 > try out. But I don't really hold out much hope for that being the
30 > missing ingredient....
31 >
32 > When I boot from install cd it finds an SVGA type of display and a
33 > pcnet32 network requirement.
34 >
35 > But at least I was in the ball park on the section that critter is
36 > in.
37 >
38 > I haven't actually tried it yet so there is still hope.... hehe.