From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.9.5 VERY slow to respond
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:24:38
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > Can you log into a vt and tail ~/.xsession-errors and see anything
3 > useful in there? I use a vt for this so konsole is not in the mix
4 > while trying to tail stuff. I've historically found that lockups of
5 > around 30 seconds are so are often DNS lookup failures, and lockups of
6 > 1-2 minutes are often IO timeouts (in my case usually nfs or smb
7 > mounts that went away when I did something stupid hehehehe ) You can
8 > also try stracing the kdeinit process to see what they are doing and
9 > where they are blocking. With KDE it's a lot harder to find the
10 > process to trace (there are so *many* process), sorting top on the "S"
11 > column can help - look for stuff listed as "D" in that column. While
12 > we discuss KDE, any idea why my panel will occasionally stop receiving
13 > mouse events and updates occasionally after coming out of suspend?
14 > When this happnes, the clock stops ticking. Very annoying....
15
16 I checked in /var/log but forgot about the one in the home directory for
17 some reason. That file you mentioned is FULL of stuff like this:
18
19 QPainter::brush: Painter not active
20 QPainter::font: Painter not active
21 QPainter::pen: Painter not active
22 QPainter::brush: Painter not active
23 QPainter::font: Painter not active
24 QPainter::pen: Painter not active
25 QPainter::brush: Painter not active
26 QPainter::pen: Painter not active
27 QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
28 QPainter::save: Painter not active
29 QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
30 QPainter::pen: Painter not active
31 QPainter::pen: Painter not active
32 QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
33 QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
34 QPainter::drawPath: Painter not active
35 QPainter::restore: Unbalanced save/restore
36 QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
37 QPainter::save: Painter not active
38 QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
39 QPainter::pen: Painter not active
40 QPainter::pen: Painter not active
41 QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
42 QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
43 QPainter::drawPath: Painter not active
44 QPainter::restore: Unbalanced save/restore
45 QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
46 QPainter::setWorldTransform: Painter not active
47 QPainter::setOpacity: Painter not active
48 QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
49
50 Trust me, I would NEVER torture you with the whole file. When I say
51 full, I mean it is HUGE. I also found this interesting from that file:
52
53 plasma-desktop(3354)/libplasma Plasma::isPluginVersionCompatible:
54 unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability
55 plasma-desktop(3354)/libplasma Plasma::isPluginVersionCompatible:
56 unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability
57 plasma-desktop(3354)/libplasma Plasma::isPluginVersionCompatible:
58 unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability
59 knotify(3352)/phonon (KDE plugin):
60 QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply", "Did not receive a
61 reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
62 reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
63 timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.")
64 knotify(3352)/phonon (KDE plugin):
65 QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply", "Did not receive a
66 reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a
67 reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply
68 timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.")
69 plasma-desktop(3354)/libplasma Plasma::isPluginVersionCompatible:
70 unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability
71 plasma-desktop(3354): ""geometry" - conversion of "560,4,0,51" to QRectF
72 failed"
73 plasma-desktop(3354): ""geometry" - conversion of "1813,4,0,51" to
74 QRectF failed"
75 plasma-desktop(3354): ""geometry" - conversion of "1809,4,0,51" to
76 QRectF failed"
77 plasma-desktop(3354): ""geometry" - conversion of "1805,4,0,51" to
78 QRectF failed"
79 plasma-desktop(3354)/kdecore (K*TimeZone*): KSystemTimeZones: ktimezoned
80 initialize() D-Bus call failed: "Did not receive a reply. Possible
81 causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
82 bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
83 network connection was broken."
84
85 static bool QDeclarativeMetaType::isModule(const QByteArray&, int, int)
86 Qt 4.7 import detected; please note that Qt 4.7 is directly reusable as
87 QtQuick 1.x with no code changes. Continuing, but startup time will be
88 slower.
89 plasma-desktop(3354)/kdecore (KConfigSkeleton)
90 KCoreConfigSkeleton::writeConfig:
91 link XMLID_34_ hasn't been detected!
92 link XMLID_34_ hasn't been detected!
93 link XMLID_36_ hasn't been detected!
94 file:///usr/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids/notifier/contents/ui/devicenotifier.qml:175:5:
95 QML QDeclarativeListView_QML_20: Possible anchor loop detected on
96 vertical anchor.
97
98 And this too:
99
100 plasma-desktop(3354)/libplasma Plasma::isPluginVersionCompatible:
101 unversioned plugin detected, may result in instability
102 kwin(3346)/kdeui (KNotification) KNotification::slotReceivedIdError:
103 Error while contacting notify daemon "Did not receive a reply. Possible
104 causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
105 bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
106 network connection was broken."
107 plasma-desktop(3354) FolderView::setAppletTitle: WORKING WITH "" WE GOT ""
108
109 And this too:
110
111 QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
112 QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
113 QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
114 QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
115 kwin(3346) KWin::Workspace::slotCompositingOptionsInitialized:
116 Initializing OpenGL compositing
117 kwin(3346) KWin::SceneOpenGL::initBufferConfigs: Drawable visual (depth
118 24 ): 0x "71"
119 kwin(3346) KWin::SceneOpenGL::initBufferConfigs: Drawable visual (depth
120 32 ): 0x "b4"
121 kwin(3346) KWin::SceneOpenGL::initBuffer: Buffer visual (depth 24 ): 0x
122 "6f"
123 QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
124 QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
125 QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
126 QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
127
128 I checked some of the dbus packages, most of them only show one package
129 available for install. So, I guess if a new one breaks, you are just
130 screwed. I thought there was some sort of policy that there was to be
131 two versions of stuff in the tree so people could go back if needed?
132
133 Well, now what? Overlay and hope I hit a good version? Switch to icewm
134 or something?
135
136 As to your problem, I have not tried suspend yet. Although, my panel is
137 all weird right now too. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. I do
138 know this, you click on the K thingy, it locks up for a good little
139 while. Don't even think about right clicking and logging out. It locks
140 up about everything KDE, including Konsole.
141
142 This sucks. :/ It sucks more that they removed the previous versions
143 of some stuff and I can't try going back a version. Jeeez!!
144
145 Dale
146
150 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!