From: Michael Hampicke <mh@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and amixer
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 07:38:46
1 Am 29.05.2014 04:27, schrieb Walter Dnes:
2 > On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 06:36:28PM -0400, covici@××××××××××.com wrote
3 >> Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Yep, its the same, but when I tried to restore as a regular user (which
6 >> I normally don't do) it complained about the .lock file and restored to
7 >> some strange values which involved so much feedback that I had to go to
8 >> a root window and restore again. The strange thing is that I had no
9 >> problems like this under openrc, so I wonder what systemd is doing and
10 >> how I can get around it.
11 >
12 > The settings are supposed to be automatically restored as part of the
13 > bootup process. If you run openrc, did you execute...
14 >
15 > rc-update add alsasound boot
16 >
17 > ...at alsa installation as per http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/ALSA ? If
18 > you run systemd, I assume there's an equivalant service file. And,
19 > grasping at straws, is your regular user a member of the "audio" group?
22 alsa-utils brings alsa-store.service and alsa-restore.service, but these
23 should be enabled by default
24
25 $ find /usr/lib/systemd/ -name *alsa*
26 /usr/lib/systemd/system/basic.target.wants/alsa-restore.service
27 /usr/lib/systemd/system/basic.target.wants/alsa-state.service
28 /usr/lib/systemd/system/shutdown.target.wants/alsa-store.service
29 /usr/lib/systemd/system/alsa-restore.service
30 /usr/lib/systemd/system/alsa-state.service
31 /usr/lib/systemd/system/alsa-store.service