From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Way OT] Tally ho!
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 20:34:05
1 On 28/06/2014 16:54, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > It's Wakes Week here and we've just had a triple fly-by by a Hurricane from
3 > the Battle of Britain Commemorative Flight. Last Saturday it was a Spitfire.
4
5 You have an actual flying Spitfire nearby? Wow! I thought Evelyn was the
6 last airworthy model left anywhere.
10 For those who don't know, Evelyn was a Mk IXe and spent years in a kid's
11 playground in Pretoria (the city I grew up in) before someone started
12 restoring her in the late 60s. She was rebuilt at Zwartkop Air Force
13 Base (where I spent time as an apprentice) and stored at Lanseria
14 Airport (where I've spent many a happy hour drinking fine wares at the
15 restaurant above the apron).
16
17 Last I heard, she was sold and ended up in Brazil...
22 > Yoo-hoo!
23 >
24 > I think I can just about remember the sound of those magnificent beasts from
25 > the 40s
26 >
27 > Apologies to those of a more serious disposition.
32 Alan McKinnon
33 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com