From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how can I set up domainname?
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 18:00:56
1 Hi,
2 after finishing installation, I see this prompt:
3
4 This is <hostname>.unknown_domain (Linux x86_64...
5
6 While <hostname> is correct, I wonder why is there that
7 "unknown_domain"? In /etc/conf.d/net I have:
8
9 dns_domain_lo="<mydomain>"
10
11 So why is this <mydomain> not used in login prompt?
12 Funny thing is, on other machine which I installed
13 a few years ago I see it correctly displayed as
14 <hostname>.<domainname>. And I can not find any
15 difference (except baselayout1 vs baselayout2)...
16
17 Jarry
21 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
22 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.