From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: List of recently installed/updated packages in chronological order?
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 02:29:29
1 On Sat, 4 Feb 2012 01:21:43 +0000
2 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Saturday 04 February 2012 01:12:42 Hilco Wijbenga wrote:
5 >
6 > > Was there a reason for all that HTML in your email?
7 >
8 > What HTML? I never use it in e-mails (spawn of the devil and all
9 > that). Maybe someone in the quoting chain had used it, but kmail
10 > doesn't show it to me if so.
11 >
12 > Also, I see this on looking at the headers of my e-mail:
13 >
14 > Content-Type: text/plain;
15 > charset="utf-8"
16 >
17 > So I don't know where you get HTML from.
18
19 I'm reading from gmane, which I've never known to alter Content-Type
20 headers. In my copy of your post I'm replying to, I see
21
22 Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
23 boundary="Boundary-01=_ngILPOORMmLwLND"
24
25 And there are both a text/plain and a text/html part in the body
26 of the message.
27
28 The html part has a lot of <p style="foo"> tags, where foo
29 consists of things like "-qt-paragraph-type:empty" and
30 "-qt-block-indent:0".
31
32 I don't have an explanation, just reporting what I see.