From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] DisplayPort KVM switch advice please
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2021 15:53:27
1 Hello list,
2
3 Can anyone recommend a reliable KVM switch for DisplayPort with USB keyboard
4 and mouse? I've tried a couple of devices over the past few years, but they
5 both failed - or at least they appeared to fail, in subtle ways.
6
7 I have two PC workstations and an Intel NUC box to connect to my 1920 x 1080
8 60Hz monitor. The PCs have DP outputs and I can connect the NUC via an
9 adapter cable. I don't want to route sound through the switch, and of course
10 it must not intercept control-key sequences but pass them on intact.
11
12 Any advice or experiences welcome.
15 Regards,
16 Peter.